Agra Sightseeing Tour
Agra, a beautiful clean city in northern India’s Uttar Pradesh state allures tourists from all over the globe as it is home to the iconic Taj Mahal. Apart from this masterpiece, Agra also has many more attractions to make your Agra trip memorable. The mention of Agra was first found in Mahabharata as “Agrevana”; ever since then the city has a vital significance in the history of India. Here are some MUST VISIT places while you decide to go for Agra sightseeing Tour by Car –
- Taj Mahal: This mausoleum is one of the Seven Wonders of the World. People from all parts of the world come to India and their first visit is usually – the Taj Mahal. It is considered as an architectural masterpiece; the “marble white” construction is a stunning reminder of the buildings during 16th and early 17th centuries.
- Agra Fort: This fort was built by the great Emperor Akbar in 1565 A.D. Again, a masterpiece of architectural design and construction, it houses a number of beautiful buildings like the Moti Masjid, Diwani-I-Khas, Diwane-I-Aam, and Musanman Burj, where the Emperor Shah Jahan took his last breath in imprisonment. There are also Khaas Mahal, Jahangirs place, and the Sheesh Mahal.
- Itmad – Ud Daula: During your Agra tour, do not miss the Itmad -Ud –Daula, it is the memorial to Mirza Ghiyas Beg, from his daughter Empress Noor Jehan. The impeccable ornamention with pietra dura inlay and lattice work is worth seeing.
- Chini Ka Roza: The Persian poet and minister at Shah Jehan’s court – Afzal Khan names it following the candidly coloured and glittering tiles. It is located just 1km away from Itmad -ud -daula.
- Sikandara: This is a suburb of Agra, lying 13 km. from the Agra Fort. This place is significant because Mughal Emperor Akbar had spent his last days in this place. The monument reflects Akbar’s love for aesthetics, arts, philosophy, literature and science.
- Fatehpur Sikri: Yet another beauty of Agra, its imposing gateways and majestic palaces were built in red sandstone. The Diwan-e-Khas, the airy Panch Mahal, the Buland Darwaza are surely a treat to the eyes.
To have a perfectly planned sightseeing tour in Agra, take help of the professionals who make sure your trip is comfortable and worth remembering. Go Delhi is one such company who has been handling satisfied travellers as their clients for long.