Rajasthan’s colourful capital Jaipur is one of the most visited tourist destinations in India. Once upon a time, the royal family ruled the region in 1727, and founded it as the “Old City” or “Pink City” which is because of the trademark building colour. The heart of the city has the magnificent, and colonnaded City Palace complex, today it has several museum collections of textiles and art. Jaipur sightseeing can be a sheer pleasure if you plan the trip well and in advance. The main attractions of this city that should not be missed while you are planning Jaipur trip are as follows -
- Hawa Mahal – Maharaja Sawai Pratap Singh build this most recognizable monument of Jaipur in 1799. This 5 storied semi-octagonal monument has 152 windows over the hanging latticed balconies. This was made for the royal ladies to gather and watch the city happenings. Today it has a lovely museum with items reflecting “Jaipur past and present”.
- Jantar Mantar – Built in 18th century by Maharaja Sawai Jai Singh II, this enormous masonary instruments were used to study the constellations and stars of the galaxy. The huge sun-dial still shows an accurate time.
- City Palace and SMS II Museum – This is located in the heart of the old City and covers about one seventh of the old city area. The architecture is a fusion of Rajput and Mughal styles and it houses a seven storied Chandra Mahal in the central position. Some more worth visiting sites here are Diwan-E-Am (Hall of public audience), Diwan-E-Khas (Hall of private audience), Mubarak Mahal, the Clock Tower near Mubarak Mahal, and Sileh Khana (museum for armory and weapons).
- Ishwar Lat - ‘Swarg Suli’ or ‘heaven piercing minaret’ is the massive tower that stands tall near Tripolia gate. It was built by Maharaja Ishwari Singh and offers one of the most panoramic views of the city.
- Central Museum – Located in Ram Niwas Garden, this museum houses a rare collection of archaeological and handicraft pieces.
- Dolls Museum – Jaipur is well known for this museum that has a collection of beautiful dolls from all over the globe.
To enjoy Jaipur tour at its best, trust the reliable and affordable travel agency Go Delhi who plans out everything flawlessly.