Delhi, officially called as National Capital Territory of Delhi is a pioneer tourism hot spot historically and culturally in the entire Asian subcontinent. As per the survey in 2014, 25 million residents make the hearty city of Delhi. Ever welcoming and colourful Delhi has too many reasons to make it one of the most lovable cities in the country. Planning a Delhi trip is indeed a very absorbing task as it takes genuine efforts to chalk out the right tourist sites that would ensure a fulfilling vacation.
Planning a travel to Delhi needs step by step consideration and the following pointers would help you to sketch out a rewarding vacation –
1. Decide how many days you have in hand to explore Delhi and its surroundings. If its a short tour, keep the destinations within the city limits. If it is around 10-15 days tours you can also check out the getaways from Delhi like Agra, Jaipur, Mathura, Panipat, Chandigarh, Shimla etc.
2. Arrangement for accommodation is a must if you are travelling with your family or you do not have much time in hand. However, prior booking will always save pennies. If you are visiting Delhi during vacations or peak seasons, make sure hotel booking is done and confirmed. There are umpteen luxury and budget hotels both in New and old Delhi.
3. Talk to a Delhi tour package agency if you are not too sure of how to go about a Delhi tour, they offer various kinds of tour packages following your interest areas like nature, heritage, historical, pilgrimage etc. Getting enrolled in a package will ensure a hassle free and compact vacation.
4. If you are intending to explore Delhi all by yourself, make sure you have a ready list in hand of which places you wish to see and keep them listed as per priority. If you are a nature lover, ensure visiting Lodhi Gardens, AsthaKunj Park, Kikar Jungle Area, Southern Ridge Forest, Garden of Five Senses and so on. If heritage allures you, the right places would be Red Fort, India Gate, Connaught Place, QutubMinar, Salimgarh Fort etc. People visiting Delhi for pilgrimage should visit Akshardham Temple, Laxminarayan Temple, Cathedral Church of Redemption, GurudwaraBangla Sahib, ISKCON Temple, JamaMasjid, Lotus Temple, St. James’ Church and Kalka JiMandir.
5. Shopping in Delhi is an attraction that very few can resist. ChandniChowk, DilliHaat, Janpath, KhariBaoli, and Sarojini Nagar Market are few areas where you get cheap yet beautiful items to take back home.
Go Delhi is a travel company who offers some of the exclusive Delhi tour packages to ensure that your travelling is flawless and memorable.